SEEKING ELECTRICAL PROJECT MANAGERS
Electricians with experience in project management.
Looking for enthusiastic and hardworking candidates
ready to kickstart their career in the electrical field in Banff, Alberta.
With dedicated service to the Bow Valley since 1987, you can join our
acclaimed team at Mikes Electric and experience a career in the heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
Mike’s Electric is an electrical contracting and design-build specialist firm
with over 35 years’ experience in the Banff, Canmore, and the greater Bow Valley.
Renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value,
Mikes Electric aspires to exceed customer expectations through our full spectrum
of electrical design, build, and maintenance services. We pride ourselves on delivering
projects on time and on budget with a strong commitment to quality.
Who We’re Looking For
• We are looking for a candidate who shares our philosophies of
influence, character, development, and direction that we strive for daily.
• A well-suited Electrical Project Manager / Junior Project Manager
contributes to our team with an extensive knowledge of electrical procedures, practices, and principles.
• Project Manager’s will report to the Operations Manager and be responsible for:
managing electric projects; scheduling resources and man power;
ensuring that budgets and timelines are met; and, providing support to the production department where needed.
• Now is the time to start an exciting new career at Mikes Electric in the Bow Valley!
• Start now, and you could be making Journeyman wages at the end of a 4-year apprenticeship.
• The ideal candidate will have commercial electrical experience;
demonstrate the ability to prioritize multiple tasks; have exceptional interpersonal skills;
and, exhibit an eagerness to learn and grow in the position.
• Be responsible for achieving targets linked to the P&L of the company;
• Use budgets to monitor and evaluate performance to ensure compliance with company objectives;
• Manage project schedules and deliverables to meet client commitments;
• Work with the engineers and suppliers to ensure project materials are available and in place when required;
• Work with vendors and subcontractors to provide quick and accurate turn around on project change pricing;
• Complete monthly progress billing that is based on labour and material spend;
• Ability to read and comprehend construction & project drawings;
• Review shop drawings;
• Chair project meetings, including: kickoffs, planning, progress updates, change management, reviews with clients, and lessons learned;
• Provide weekly, biweekly, or monthly project status reports to clients and the executive management team;
• Manage customer expectations while maintaining a high-level of customer services;__
• Oversee various electrical field work, installations, and troubleshooting.
• Well-founded knowledge of the Canadian Electric Code (CEC);
• Minimum 5 years’ relevant electrical experience (commercial and/or institutional setting);
• 1-3 years’ experience with job quotes and electrical project management;
• Great attitude with a desire to exceed customer expectations;
• Must have excellent conflict resolution, problem solving, and analytical skills;
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines;
• Must have a strong background in customer engagement and sales;
• Must be highly motivated with strong work ethic and excellent written/verbal communications.
Preferred experience with:
Microsoft Office suite;
Continuous training and skills improvement;
Career advancement opportunities;
Competitive wages plus incentive plan;
Excellent benefit package through OpenCircle (formerly Merit).
Health Care Package;
Monday to Friday;
Must have the ability to reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Project management: 3 years (preferred)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
All necessary governmental precautionary protocols set out are strictly adhered to and followed.
Ability to commute/relocate: